Eligibility for Living on Campus
All enrolled University at Buffalo students are eligible for on-campus housing. While our residence halls are open to all students, our apartments have differing eligibility requirements:
Residence Halls (excluding Greiner)
- All students are eligible.
- Single to four-person rooms available with both community style and suite style bathrooms
- Predominately first-year and sophomore students live in our halls.
- Only 2nd Year/Sophomore students are eligible (for Fall 2012, eligible students must have been admitted as freshman in Fall 2011 or Spring 2012)
- In addition to the $300 dollar reservation deposit, an additional $150 damage deposit is due after selection
- Two person rooms with suite-style bathrooms are available
ApartmentsUndergraduate Student Applicants
- Undergraduate applicants must have four semesters in University at Buffalo residence halls by the start of the lease/agreement (summer sessions are not included).
- Local students and students transferring to UB that do not meet the residency requirement must have completed at least 60 credit hours of course work by the start of their lease/contract. (Advanced Placement credits not included).
- Undergraduate options include:
- Hadley Village: 4 bedroom/2 bath
- South Lake Village: 2 bed/2 bath, 4 bed/2 bath
- Flint Village: 2 bed/2 bath, 2 bed/1 bath, 4 bed/2 bath
- Non-traditional undergraduate students (24+ yrs old) will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but should submit a graduate application with this status indicated.
- Graduate and Professional options include:
- Creekside Village: 2 bedroom/1.5 bath townhouse style with private entrances
- Flint Village: 1 bedroom/1bath
- South Lake Village: Studio, 1 bedroom/1 bath
- Flickinger Court: 2 bedroom/1.5 bath townhouse apartments that can be rented by the bedroom or by the apartment
- You must be a University at Buffalo graduate student, professional student, non-traditional student, student with family, or faculty/staff member to live at Flickinger Court.
- Graduate Student, Faculty/Staff and Family Applicants options include:
- Flickinger Court: 2 bedroom/1.5 bath townhouse style that can be rented by the bedroom or by the apartment