Short Term Breaks
The university has three major short-term breaks: Fall/Thanksgiving recess, Winter Recess, Spring Break.
Approximately one month before any given break, residence hall students will receive a "Closing Notice" outlining important information regarding hall closing in their area.
During short term breaks:
- Apartment residents may stay in their apartment
- Bus, meal, and mail services are very limited
For Residence Halls:
- All close except designated "break halls"
- Students must leave by 9 am closing day
- Entry door swipes will be turned off
- Students do not need to take their belongings
Break halls are Richmond Quad, Red Jacket Quad, Clinton Hall, Clement Hall, Goodyear Hall, and Greiner Hall. If staying in a break hall, sign up in your area office 7 days in advance, additional nightly rates apply
- Ellicott Area Office, 123 Richmond Quad
- Governors Area Office, 108 Lehman Hall
- Main Street/South Campus, 119 Goodyear Hall
- Greiner Hall Office, Room 102
Limited housing is available for those living in a non-break hall. This housing will be in a group living situation in the Ellicott Complex. Additional fees apply and you must sign up at the Ellicott Area Office, 123 Richmond Quad 7 days in advance of the break. You must go to the Ellicott Area Office to pick up a key for the break.
Students Leaving On-Campus Housing at the End-of-the-Semester
All students not returning to campus housing must complete an application for early release. The application and information about the process can be obtained from your residence hall or village/complex office.
Decision notifications will be sent via email from the Assistant Director of Residential Operations. Only students with approved applications will be granted a release from their housing agreement.
Before your move out, there are some simple steps you can take in ensure a smooth check out process and in order to avoid unnecessary charges to your student account. Please review the Check-Out packets below: