Apply for Campus Housing (Spring 2016)
Campus Living is now accepting housing applications for the 2016 spring semester. Students who submit an application between during the deposit window (October 1st to December 1st) are guaranteed on-campus housing for spring semester.
After the deposit window closes, students may submit a waitlist application and are not guaranteed housing.
Students may cancel their housing agreement without penalty by December 1st. Students who remain enrolled in classes for the 2016 Spring semester may not cancel their housing agreement after December 1st.
The University at Buffalo is proud to offer three housing options for students:
- Available to any UB student.
- Rooms available on both North & South Campuses.
- First-Year Residential Areas, upper-class residential areas and living learning communities.
- Room sizes: Singles, Doubles, Triples and Quads.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges in each building.
Greiner Hall (Sophomore)
- Available for 2nd year/sophomore students who graduated high school in June 2014.
- Suite style; two double rooms with an adjoining private bathroom and storage area.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges on every floor.
- Air conditioning.
- Flexible-use room furniture.
- Due to limited availability of Greiner space, few incoming students will be assigned to these areas regardless of eligibility.
- Available for upper-class students who graduated high school in June 2013 or earlier.
- 2 bedroom/1 bathroom or 4 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments available.
- Private, secured bedrooms provided for each resident.
- Air conditioning as well as private kitchens and living quarters within each apartment.
- Laundry facilities located in each building.
- Apartments have academic or full year agreements based on locations and availability.
- Graduate/Non-traditional apartment housing is also available for students who graduated from high school (or equivalent) in June 2011 or earlier (Flickinger Court, Creekside Village and Flint Village Law area).
- Due to limited availability, few incoming students will be assigned to undergraduate apartments, regardless of eligibility.
All UB students can reserve their on-campus housing in just 3 simple steps!
|Step||New/Incoming (to UB) Students*||Current/Returning (to UB) Students|
|1||Submit your Housing & Tuition Deposit: Housing Assignments for new/incoming students are done based on the date you submit your tuition and housing deposit. If you make the deposits separately, the later deposit date will be used. Students applying after the deposit window has closed (generally December 1st) will be directed to a waiting list application.||Submit your Housing Deposit: Students interested in housing must submit their during the deposit window for spring semester. Please note, assignments are based on the date of deposit. Students applying after the deposit deadline (generally December 1st) will be directed to a waiting list application.|
|2||Enter your Housing Preferences: Within 5 business days of submitting your deposits, you will be sent instructions on how to enter room and roommate preferences. Students can add/change preferences until December 15th for spring semester.|
|3||Review your Housing Assignment: In early to mid-January for spring semester, all students assigned housing will be able to log into the housing website to view their room assignment. Assignments will be made based deposit date, eligibility and preferences.|