Apply for Campus Housing (Fall 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for campus housing in Fall 2015 are being accepted for current/returning students (to UB) and for new students (to UB). Our May 1 housing deadline has been temporarily extended. Those applying after May 1 may be housed in an overcapacity assignment.
The University at Buffalo is proud to offer three housing options for students:
- Available to any UB student.
- Rooms available on both North & South Campuses.
- First-Year Residential Areas, upper-class residential areas and living learning communities.
- Room sizes: Singles, Doubles, Triples and Quads.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges in each building.
Greiner Hall (Sophomore)
- Available for 2nd year/sophomore students who graduated high school in June 2014.
- Suite style; two double rooms with an adjoining private bathroom and storage area.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges on every floor.
- Air conditioning.
- Flexible-use room furniture.
- Due to limited availability of Greiner space, few incoming students will be assigned to these areas regardless of eligibility.
- Available for upper-class students who graduated high school in June 2013 or earlier.
- 2 bedroom/1 bathroom or 4 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments available.
- Private, secured bedrooms provided for each resident.
- Air conditioning as well as private kitchens and living quarters within each apartment.
- Laundry facilities located in each building.
- Apartments have academic or full year agreements based on locations and availability.
- Graduate/Non-traditional apartment housing is also available for students who graduated from high school (or equivalent) in June 2011 or earlier (Flickinger Court, Creekside Village and Flint Village Law area).
- Due to limited availability, few incoming students will be assigned to undergraduate apartments, regardless of eligibility.
All UB students can reserve their on-campus housing in just 3 simple steps!
|Step||New/Incoming (to UB) Students*||Current/Returning (to UB) Students|
|1||Submit your Housing & Tuition Deposit: Housing Assignments for new/incoming students are done based on the date you submit your tuition & housing deposit. If you make the deposits separately, the later deposit date will be used. (Note: Graduate students may not need to submit a tuition deposit)||Submit your Housing Deposit: Returning/continuing students who did not self-select an assignment may submit a housing application.|
|2||Enter your Housing Preferences: Shortly after submitting your deposits, you will be sent instructions on how to enter room & roommate preferences. Students can add/change preferences until May 15.|
|3||Review your Housing Assignment: In early July, all students who submitted both a housing & tuition deposit will be able to log into the housing website to view their room assignment. Assignments will be made based on preferences submitted and deposit date.||Review your Housing Assignment: In early July, all students who submitted a housing deposit will be able to log into the housing website to view their room assignment. Assignments are done based on the date you submit your housing deposit and space availability.|
|Read more about on-campus Housing Options: PDF (3.7MB)|