Apply for Campus Housing (Spring Semester)
The University at Buffalo is proud to offer three housing options for students:
- Available to any UB student.
- Rooms available on both North & South Campuses.
- First-Year Residential Areas, upper-class residential areas and living learning communities.
- Room sizes: singles, Doubles, Triples and Quads.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges in each building.
Greiner Hall (Sophomore)
- Available for 2nd year/sophomore students who graduated high school in June 2013.
- Suite style; two double rooms with an adjoining private bathroom and storage area.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges on every floor.
- Air conditioning.
- Flexible-use room furniture.
- Due to limited availability of Greiner space, few incoming students will be assigned to these areas regardless of eligibility.
- Available for upper-class students who graduated high school in June 2012 or earlier.
- 2 bedroom/1 bathroom or 4 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments available.
- Private, secured bedrooms provided for each resident.
- Air conditioning as well as private kitchens and living quarters within each apartment.
- Laundry facilities located in each building.
- Apartments have academic or full year agreements based on locations and availability.
- Due to limited availability Apartment space, few incoming student will be assigned to these areas, regardless of eligibility.
UB Undergraduate students: reserve your on-campus housing in just 3 simple steps! See the step by step chart below.
New/Incoming Graduate Students: interested in on-campus apartments submit an apartment application. Graduate apartment space is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. All graduate applications require a non-refundable $25 application fee. Please use the "Apply for Campus Housing" button below to begin your application process.
|Step||New/Incoming (to UB) Students*||Current/Returning (to UB) Students|
|1||Submit your Housing & Tuition Deposit: Housing Assignments for new/incoming students are done based on the date you submit your tuition and housing deposit. If you make the deposits separately, the later deposit date will be used. Students applying after the deposit window has closed will be directed to a waiting list application.||Submit your Housing Deposit: Students interested in Apartments must deposit before December 1, 2014 for spring semester, while those interested in Greiner or Residence Halls must deposit by March 1st. Please note, assignments are based on the date of deposit. Students applying after the December 1 deposit deadline will be directed to a waiting list application.|
|2||Enter your Housing Preferences: Within 2 business days of submitting your deposits, you will be sent instructions on how to enter room and roommate preferences. Students can add/change preferences until December 15 for spring semester.|
|3||Review your Housing Assignment: In early January for spring semester, all students who submitted both a housing and tuition deposit will be able to log into the housing website to view their room assignment. Assignments will be made based on preferences submitted and deposit date.|
|Housing Options: PDF (1.4MB) | Word (1.1MB)|