Apply for Campus Housing
The University at Buffalo is proud to offer three housing options for students:
- Available to any UB student.
- Rooms available on both North & South Campuses.
- First-Year Residential Areas, upper-class residential areas and living learning communities.
- Room sizes: singles, Doubles, Triples and Quads.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges in each building.
Greiner Hall (Sophomore)
- Available for 2nd year/sophomore students who graduated high school in June 2013.
- Suite style; two double rooms with an adjoining private bathroom and storage area.
- Kitchens, laundry rooms and lounges on every floor.
- Air conditioning.
- Flexible-use room furniture.
- Available for upper-class students who graduated high school in June 2012 or earlier.
- 2 bedroom/1 bathroom or 4 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments available.
- Private, secured bedrooms provided for each resident.
- Air conditioning as well as private kitchens and living quarters within each apartment.
- Laundry facilities located in each building.
UB Undergraduate students: reserve your on-campus housing in just 3 simple steps! See the step by step chart below.
New/Incoming Graduate Students: interested in on-campus apartments submit an apartment application. Graduate apartment space is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. All graduate applications require a non-refundable $25 application fee. Please use the "Apply for Campus Housing" button below to begin your application process.
Current UB Apartment Students Renewing (Keeping) their current assignment for next year: Click on 'Apply for Campus Housing' by February 7, 2014 to pay your deposit and renew your space. Once done, you will automatically be assigned and receive confirmation the week of February 10.
Waiting List Applications: The window for guaranteed on-campus housing has passed. Students wanting housing for 2014-2015 may submit a waiting list application. Housing is not guaranteed and is assigned on a space available basis.
|Step||New/Incoming (to UB) Students*||Current/Returning (to UB) Students|
|1||Submit your Housing & Tuition Deposit: Housing Assignments for new/incoming students are done based on the date you submit your tuition and housing deposit. If you make the deposits separately, the later deposit date will be used. Students applying after the deposit window has closed will be directed to a waiting list application.||Submit your Housing Deposit: Students interested in Apartments must deposit before February 7th, while those interested in Greiner or Residence Halls must deposit by March 1st. Please note, assignments are not based on the date of deposit. Students applying after the March 1st deposit deadline will be directed to a waiting list application.|
|2||Enter your Housing Preferences: Within 2 business days of submitting your deposits, you will be sent instructions on how to enter room and roommate preferences. Students can add/change preferences until May 15th.||Review your Housing Selection Information: You will be sent information on how to select your on-campus housing. This information will include your housing reservation number as well as your selection window/appointment time for each process.|
|3||Review your Housing Assignment: In early July, all students who submitted both a housing and tuition deposit will be able to log into the housing website to view their room assignment. Assignments will be made based on preferences submitted and deposit date.||Go online & select your on-campus housing: All students who submit by the appropriate deadline will be guaranteed the opportunity to self-select their own on-campus housing. This includes choosing your own room and roommate.|
|Housing Options: PDF (1.4MB) | Word (1.1MB)||Process & Dates: PDF (1.7MB) | Word (40KB)|